Well, December 15th came and went! Nothing happened except for a few painful contractions that woke me in the night. I was wrong! So far, everyone's predictions of when Owen would be born have been wrong....My contractions are getting stronger everyday and longer and closer together- but still not consistent. Yesterday, the 16th was my last day at work, and today I am working from home (just to finish up a few things that I could not finish at the office last night, even though I stayed until 6:30).
This morning we had our last Dr. appt before our scheduled induction this Sunday. The appointment went well.....I had progressed slightly in the past week: 2cm dilated to 3cm and 60% effaced to 70%. I was slightly bummed that I wasn't further along, but no biggie. Dr 'stripped my membranes' which is separating the sac from the uteran wall to release prostoglandins which should induce contractions and possibly get labor started on its own BEFORE Sunday. A couple of my friends had this done and they both went in to labor the next day! So bring it on Saturday!!!! I am further dilated and effaced than they both were, so maybe it will happen sooner for me. : ) The cramping has already intensified, to the point where I am not sure what/how much I will get done today. I took the day off so that I could officially wrap things up at home and prepare for my lil man's arrival....who knows. Anyway- I am so ready to get the ball rolling! I am not scared at all!!! I thought that I would be slightly frightened at the unknown, but I feel very at peace with my new approaching duties of birthing my son, and becoming a mother.
I am just ready!