I have not done any real cooking lately. Just whatever is quick and easy- nothing worth posting. But I would like to share two things.
I attempted homemade hasbrowns! I tasted them, but I wouldn't eat them!!! baahahahahahah. Chad did, and he is still with us- so I guess they weren't too bad. I peeled, shredded, and drained several potatoes. Then browned them up in a skillet with butter, salt, and pepper. The outside turned golden brown, but the insides turned gray! WTH?? They smelled great, but looked scary- and if you know me- I don't eat anything that looks scary.
I also made another batch of homemade salsa. I got the recipe from Amy Smith, but I change it every time I make it. I warn you- this recipe makes a lot of salsa, so if you do not eat it very much, i would half the recipe or share it- it does not last as long as jarred salsa (all natural - no preservatives).
1 can of crushed tomato (big can)
2 cans of rotel (I use 1 can of hot rotel, and 1 can of lime & cilantro rotel)
2-3 jalapenos (remove the seeds if you don't like the heat)
1 small onion
Cilantro
Garlic
Cumin
Salt & Pepper
Sugar
I put the rotel, onion, garlic, jalapenos and cilantro in the food processor together and then dump that in a bowl with the tomatoes and the spices. Try it out and mix it up with your own flavors! It beats jarred salsa any day!