I have not posted since December 14, 2011. I have a book written to update my blog, but I can't ever find the time to upload pictures, but this little bit does not have a picture and is too good not to share.
Ten years ago yesterday, September 23, 2012, I lost my grandfather, Warren Lewis Green.
Last night as I was putting Owen to bed, he said 'Mamaw'. Then he said 'Papaw'. (Not totally uncommon to talk about family members- especially 'Mamaw'- he's been randomly speaking about her a lot lately).
Then he said 'Papa'. I perked up and said 'Where?' and he pointed towards his bedroom door.
Obviously, I broke down. I have seen images, sightings from the corner of my eye, mere glimpses of him since he died. But never have I SEEN him. Owen obviously knows who he is, even though they never met in the flesh. Owen knows his name, even though we never really talk about him.
My heart broke all over again, and then I thanked God for that special moment.
Me, my son, and my Papa- all together.