Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I did IT!

I am now a full-time working mom! I knew the day would come, and I tried to prepare myself. I have spent the last 10 glorious weeks at home with my newborn son, Owen. I'm sure you have heard me talk about him before.... God graciously made those wonderful 10wks a possibility and I am soooo thankful. Sunday night, as Chad fed Owen his bedtime bottle, I prepared his things (two bags) to take over to his Nana's house (Chad's mom) the next day, and every day thereafter. I thought about what I did all day every day for the past 10wks and packed it all. During this process, I cried. No wait....I bawled like a baby! It was so hard for me to get his things together so that someone else could care for him. It is not the person that is caring for him. I love her! She is such a wonderful grandmother- it is because it's not me anymore. Of course I have him in the mornings and evenings, and during the night- but the majority of his time will now be spent with someone other than me and it kills. Now- Having said that- I am so incredibly thankful and lucky to have Debbie to take Owen to. I absolutely love that his FAMILY is caring for him, I know that he will be well cared for and have soooo much fun while over there.

So here is how it went down yesterday. I got up at 5am, showered and got ready for work. I fed Owen around 6, and left by 7:20 to be at work by 8am. Thankfully, Chad took Owen to his moms house! I cried the whole way to work. It was ridiculous. I got it together and then lost it again on my lunch break, but only after I received a precious picture of my son napping:

After work, I raced over there to swoop him up! He didn't even miss me!!!! I barely got a smile. Once we got home we had some one-on-one time, and he gave me his full attention. Chad took some sweet shots!!! Just looove this boy!