It's 7:30am on Monday, May 16th and I am already running late. I normally leave my house by 7:15am to ensure that I get to work by 8am. It's only 27 miles from my driveway to work, but with traffic, it takes anywhere from 30-45minutes, sometimes longer. By 7:45am I make it to the point where I wait in line to get on to the highway. As I am waiting in line, I see the light turn green, and I see the massive 18-wheeler in front of me move as well. So, I remove my foot from the brake and give a little tap to my accelerator, except that the massive steel flatbed 18-wheeler didn't move and I slam right into him! AWESOME! Naturally, I am stunned. Thinking- did that really just happen?? Did I really just rear-end an 18wheeler?? Thank God Owen is not in the car with me! I quickly look around, and no one is looking. Not even the guy in the 18wheeler!!! Not even the two police officers across the street assisting another accident. I look back in front of me and the 18wheeler is turning, so I pull in to the gas station parking lot and wait for him to turn around. Except that he does not turn around....in 10 minutes, he never turns around, and he never comes back! I realize that he didn't feel the love tap and had no idea that I had hit him. He was already driving forward and probably thought me hitting him was the usual jolt he feels when his truck is switching gears! Now, my parents were out of town, so I slowly drive my car to their house and hop in my mom's truck and get to work as quick as I can. If you know my mom, you probably know that her truck is one of her babies (aside from Josh, Owen, Robi, and myself) and she was less than thrilled to hear that I had wrecked my car, and was now driving hers!! hahahaha. That's right I am laughing about it all! My favorite car is wrecked, and has to be repaired. I have to get a rental car. I have to pay my insurance deductible. I had to tell Chad, my Dad, and my mother that while I was driving- that I was not paying attention!! It's not like I took out a curb, I ran smack into a huge truck!!!! No excuses. Ok- fast forward to the end of the day. I go pick mom up from the airport, and we meet up with Josh, Chad & Owen for dinner. It is at the restaurant that Chad see's the rental car has a screw in the rear tire! FFWD again to this morning: I am late...again! and the gas light comes on before I leave my street!!!! Ugh- the nerve of some people. Chad even mentioned that the tire pressure light was on in the Kia Berrego before he drove away from Enterprise, and the sales woman explained to Chad that it meant oil change...not tire pressure! Someone needs to explain the difference of the two symbols to her. Whatever. So I spent my lunch break driving to Verizon to get a new phone battery that hopefully won't die every 3hrs. and then off to my nearest Enterprise to get a car that didn't have a screw in the tire (and hopefully enough gas to get home). So, now I am hooked up with a brand new Nissan Pathfinder; and I get a brand new battery mailed to my house; and my new TOMS just showed up at work!!!!! Not too shabby for a Tuesday, and certainly better than my Monday!!! ; )
Here is a picture of Owen: Happy Wednesday everyone!!!!
