You are teething! you have been for weeks now- no teeth yet, but you can feel them in your gums. Poor baby....you rub, bite, and suck on stuff 24/7. You sleep through the night (the majority of the time), but the nights that you do wake up, its always around 4am!!!! Mommy gets up for work at 5am!!! Please go back to sleep!!!! I know you are hungry, and I am sorry for that- your liquid diet just is not enough anymore. We have tried solids 3x now, and each time you get violently ill. It breaks my heart to no end to watch you so sick, but how else will we know if you can eat solids?? I think we are going to go straight to foods in the coming weeks. We can even start with something sweet and tasty, like bananas if you want. Maybe it will go smoother for you, and you will squeal in delight at the delicious taste of mashed bananas. Now I have been told to start with veggies, but at this point I just want to get solids in, and solids to stay down. You wear a size 2 diaper, but i am thinking that we might need to get some night-time diapers. I wonder how much more they will hold- your kidneys work VERY well. You love to play on your back and thrash your arms and legs around. You also looove to stand up. Your 'excer-saucer' is a life saver! It might just be your favorite toy. Lately, right before your bath, i stand you up in the mirror of the bathroom and you watch yourself bounce up and down in my arms, and kick your legs. It's like you are tap dancing. You talk and laugh at yourself, I guess thinking its another baby?? Maybe you know its you in there. You are VERY talkative, like me!! Your laugh is music to my ears and can soothe the roughest of days. People say that leaving your child behind gets easier everyday that you do it, but i beg to differ. I feel like crying each and every time i leave you for more than a couple hours. Thank God for your Nana! She takes such good care of you, and of me- she sends me daily pictures to help me through my day!! You are finally starting to grow hair!!! and its blonde!! you are my blue eyed- blonde haired bombshell!!! You are the light of your father and I's lives. I tickled you the other night, and you LAUGHED! then you tensed up and turned red- smiling all the while, but not sure if you wanted to laugh or not! it was very cute!!!! You love your feet now- you found them weeks ago, but they have made it to your mouth now! You are so flexible. You probably weigh around 16lbs now!!! You are a chunk : ) You are so healthy, Thank the Lord!!!
I know that one day you will realize the love that we have for you, but until then, i will tell you and show you every moment of every day!!!
Mother's Day 2011 was amazing! It was a VERY busy day, but i loved every second of it. It started with baking cupcakes for a 'Bouquet of Cupcakes' for mom, then baked a Pineapple Upside Down cake for Deb, then went to celebrate Deb, and then back home for homemade spaghetti and to celebrate my mom. Chad & Owen got me a card that got me all misty-eyed and a Baby Bjorn carrier!!! So excited. A month ago we walked in the March of Dimes and I carried Owen in my friends carrier, and I just loved it!!! Now I have my very own! Thanks to my Boys!!!! ; )
Like I mentioned above, I baked two things this past weekend. The cupcakes were from a box- so i can't really count that, but I did Ice them and decorate with real flowers. Check it out:
The Pineapple Upside Down cake was really pretty, but tasted awful! I made it from scratch, and I goofed up somewhere because it was very dense and tasted like flower. I used the Betty Crocker recipe from the internet....i will definately try again though, because i looove pineapple upside down cake.
For dinner, I made spaghetti and baked bread, and Josh made an amazing salad. It was delish - no picture though- sorry.
Here are some recent pics of Owen. Enjoy!!!








