We have gone to three, count'em...1...2...3...One year old birthday parties recently, and Owen is the next in line! I haven't wanted to think about his party, to even think about him being close to One, but I guess I should just embrace it, and have fun with it. Go with the Flow, right?
A lot has happened in the past few months since my last post...oooops. Owen has grown significantly. His first two teeth, the bottom two, broke through the gums on August 23rd. and one of his top teeth broke through on October 15th. He started crawling on September 13th, just 6 days shy of his 9month birthday. He talks constantly, saying Da-da, Ma-ma, Ba-Ba, and Bye. I think he might even say Nana (Chads mom), but I have only heard it a few times so it is hard to tell. His hair is growing in more and more, and stands straight up in the back. He walks more and more everyday....one day he will take off without our help. : ( He started 'dancing' in the past week as well. He waves bye, high-fives, and likes to clap his hands, but with help. His growth and development is so amazing to watch! It goes by so incredibly fast.
We went to the beach over Labor Day, and we had a blast! It did rain a lot, thanks to the tropical storm in the Gulf, but on the last day, the wind broke, the sun came out, and we played until we had to come home. Another great Fuqua trip! We rode golf carts in the misty rain, up and down the beach. Owen played in the sand, and looooved to eat it! We got to ride the ferry to and from Bolivar Peninsula, which was cool! We saw dolphins on both trips!!
I attempted to throw Chad a surprise 30th birthday party, except for he tried to plan his own party, and one of our friends totally spoiled it by texting 'I thought it was a surprise....' Anyway- dinner was fantastic with our family and friends, and overall I think Chad had a great birthday!
SURPRISE!!!!
Birthday Hugs for Daddy
Happy 30th Birthday to my love!
My brother is getting married in less than a month!! I am so excited for him and Kelan that I just can't stand it!!! Such an amazing journey for them. They are going to BARBADOS for their honeymoon!!! Very Jealous!!!!
We went out of town this past weekend to see my mom's dad's side of the family, for a small family reunion, and Owen got sick on Saturday morning and we missed the reunion!! We think it might have been the dog food that he consumed that upset his tummy. I'm sure most babies have eaten dog food, without any reactions, but our sweet little man has sensitive tummy issues (like his mom) and he had another episode. :( It was terrible. He always finds the dog food bowl just before we can pick it up, and I have NO IDEA how much he ate. I only fished one disintegrated piece out of his mouth.... It was the first time for my parents, brother, and Kelan to see him sick like that, and they were all so worried. We were all worried for Owen. It's a terrible thing to watch your little baby 'lose his cookies' like that. Anyway- he recouped within a few hours and we went to the tail end of the reunion, just as everyone was leaving.
I have always wanted to take pumpkin patch pictures, and FINALLY, the time has come. They turned out so good!!
Here are a few more random pictures taken of Owen since my last post! Enjoy, and talk to you soon.
Love- Devon
Owen loves to ride his bike!
Splish-Splash!!
Big Guy pulling up on the furniture
Does this make my butt look big??
'Stinker' face (pre-teeth)
Happy Birthday Hugs for momma
Owen loooooves to take rides in his new wagon :)