When Chad and I got married, my grandmother made 2 scrapbook cookbooks full of family recipes from both Chad's side and my side- one full of entrees and the other full of desserts.
This week I made 'Enchilada Casserole' submitted by my Great Aunt Anniece- and it was delicious!! Chad went back for seconds!!! Here it goes:
1 can HOT Enchilada Sauce
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Green Chilies, chopped
1 bag of Corn chips
1 large onion- yellow or white
2lbs ground beef
Shredded Cheese
Brown meat with the onions and drain. Add chilies, soups, enchilada sauce and mix well.
Grease the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish; Crumble up chips and layer them on the bottom of the dish.
Pour the meat mixture over the chips, sprinkle with your choice of cheese, and bake at 400 degrees until bubbly. Here is a picture of the finished product: (I might have used too much cheese...Chad loves cheese)
